Game Engineer - Remote
Our client is a full-cycle software development company with niche expertise and a focus on the latest technologies. With their founder, an Israeli with more than 18 years of experience in software development in global-level enterprises, they has many innovative ideas and a belief to bring it to real life. They’re looking for talented people who want to learn a lot and build amazing things.
Their says is "Born to Code, No plan B" and the intention is to hire Top 10% talented developers in Vietnam.
FFO is a new game studio building competitive strategy games and player-generated content ecosystems using the blockchain. Our first game, Icons of FFO, is a competitive tactical turn-based strategy game. We are a small, fully remote, venture-backed team of tech, esports, and game industry veterans. We believe a diverse team with varied perspectives helps us make better games for a global audience and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We are looking for self-starting and creative Game Engineers to join our team. If you're energized by tackling technical challenges in pursuit of high-quality creative outcomes, working in a tight-knit collaborative environment, and are excited about creating new experiences and a new company from the ground up - we’d love to talk to you!
- Work with a small but scrappy team to develop and scale games in the blockchain space
- Build technology and tools that can be leveraged across multiple projects
- Leverage experience to provide thought leadership on best practices - technical and beyond!
- Be flexible and willing to learn new technologies
- Optimize and fine-tune code for performance
- Maintain existing codebases
- Tackle new challenges that arise during development
- 1 year of experience developing games in a professional environment
- Meaningful contributor to at least one mobile/console/PC game in the market
- Outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Experience with modern game engine technologies (Unity, Unreal Engine, Cocos2d)
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (C#, C/C++, Objective-C, Java)
- Excellent programming skills with a solid understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies, and attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Positive and willing to tackle new challenges that arise during development
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment within your team and beyond
- Development experience with version control software
- Mobile development experience (iOS and Android)
- Experience with live service games / games-as-a-service
- Entrepreneurial experience or interest
- Passionate about unlocking player value and new experiences with emerging technologies like blockchain
- Bachelor's degree (Preferred)
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off