Back to search
Posted 2 years ago
Our client is an EdTech start-up company on a mission to provide a new style of online & offline merged learning around the world. They provide students quality learning; high-standard studying materials, great learning environments, personal coaches to improve their exam scores and school performance. With their dedicaton, they has fundraised $4.8 million US in a seed round to keep offering e-learning apps for elementary, junior high, and high school students as well as running learning centers in the Southeast Asian region, especially in Vietnam for now.
- Scale hiring and grow the team
- Get right people on the team, and get wrong people off the team
- Build the diversified engineering team
- Technical management
- Help to resolve technical conflicts among team members
- Have common sense toward technical problems and solutions to facilitate team members to come up with good technical decisions
- People management
- Ensure the team is happy and productive by providing motivating work assignments, appropriate compensation, learning opportunities, and career guidance
- Help the team succeed in their work by focusing on the highest-priority outcomes, resolving disputes and deadlocked decisions, and removing distractions
- Build an environment of continuous learning and encourage collaboration among team members
- Provide the team with any necessary resources
- Workflow/process management
- Onboard team members with the workflow
- Continuously gather feedback from stakeholders to improve the workflow
- Project management / execution
- Coordinate with team leads under the reporting lines to meet delivery milestones and execute DevSecOps tasks
- Nurture the value that quality is the responsibility of everyone, not just quality assurance engineers
- Execute non-functional tasks: automated testings, technical debt recovery, performance optimization, etc.
- Culture management
- Nurture cultural values with clear actions and examples
- More than 5 years of experience in building and managing the Tech team of more than 20 members
- Have experience in hiring and build teams at B2B startup(s)
- Have general technical knowledge and experience across multiple functional areas: Mobile, Frontend, Backend, DevOps, Security, Analytics, etc.
- Be experienced with Scrum, DevSecOps and other Agile practices
- Be familiar with Domain-Driven Design (DDD) and Event Storming
- Probation: 2 months (100% full-time salary).
- Health Insurance package from BaoViet.
- 13-months and Performance Bonus.
- 14 days Paid Leave Annually.
- International and remote-based team from Japan, Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, etc.
- Growth environment with professional and highly skilled teams e.g. ex Co-founders, ex-McKinsey, ex-BCG, ex-Recruit Group (Top OT company in Japan), ex-US Amazon, ex-Ogilvy, etc.
- Be a part of the journey of a high growth startup and contribute to the digital transformation of education.